Sunday 20 March 2011

Packing and Lady GaGa!!!

The past week has been pretty crazy, we have been running around the city trying to get everything we need for Asia.  Luckily, we did manage to squeeze in some socializing and entertainment.  Matt got me tickets to Lady GaGa last May and I have been counting down the days ever since.  I was chatting with my hair stylist about the concert this week and she mentioned her anxiety over proper attire for the concert.  Honestly, I hadn't really given much thought to it.  I figured I would wear skinnies and a black shirt, something pretty low key.  So thats what I went with, very basic, understated.  Matt had his typical uniform on, he basically always looks like he just stepped out of a J Crew catalog.  Well, as soon as we walked into the Energy Solutions Arena I knew we were sorely out of place.  Matt went to use the mens room and had quite the show before the show.  One "woman" walked in and said "Hey boys!" and proceeded to used the stand up urinal next to him, well, he knew he was in for quite the night!  Meanwhile, I was being accosted by four "guys" swearing that they knew me from somewhere...I'm guessing the salon or the MAC counter!

I think Matt was among the few men not dressed in drag and most of the women were wearing leotards with fishnets.   Anyway, the concert was really entertaining!  GaGa did not disappoint.  That chick has a lot of spunk, she was ranting about gay rights while playing in a fountain of blood... Not exactly my typical Saturday night, but I LOVED it!

Now we are off to Asia...




No comments:

Post a Comment