Tuesday 1 March 2011

Food, Food, Food and more Food...

More on the food in a minute.  Much to my surprise the Oscars were aired here in English!  I was ecstatic to say the least.  I'm still undecided on the hosts and show in general.  Lets be honest, Anne Hathaway bugs and James Franco must have smoked a Colombian doobie before the show, so...  The fashion was also a bit of a let down.  I mean Jennifer Laurence wore the same Calvin Klein that Scarlett Johansen wore in 2006, come on!  I will say that the girls from Black Swan both looked lovely!  I was happy with the winners and I loved a few of the acceptance speeches.

We spent all day yesterday cruising around the Zona Rosa, it's the ritzy part of Bogota.  We had a great lunch and browsed throughout a few designer boutiques.  On the wild cab ride back to our hotel we got into a little fender bender!  At first I was frantic but once I realized everything was ok I couldn't stop laughing!  Taxi and bus rides in Colombia should be right up there with base jumping and skin diving as an extreme sport.  I guess after six weeks I have learned to laugh at this crazy continent.  I really have loved exploring this place and getting to know the kind and friendly people here, hopefully I will be back soon.

A few things that have been entertaining us... Charlie Sheen's antics, that guy is a real train wreck and I can't look away!  Telenovelas, (Latin Soap Operas) so amusing and SO dramatic.  Hours of reminiscing about Max, miss that little guy so much!

I think I have had some of the best meals of my life here in South America so I thought I would mention a few and post some pics.  The beef in Argentina is to die for!  We also found a few amazing Italian and Spanish restaurants in Argentina.  Peruvian ceviche was one of my favorite authentic foods.  Ajiaco soup in Colombia; three different types of potatoes, corn, rice, avocado, and cheese.  It is delicious, I can't wait to try to cook some when we get back home.  We found a place that had great Spanish tapas, we couldn't get enough of it.  We also enjoyed lots of crepes, waffles, all types of french pastries, blood sausage, dry cured venison, smoked trout, empanadas, and lots of exotic fruit.  All so yummy!







1 comment:

  1. The food looks amazing! I hope you are having a wonderful time and soaking up that sun. I have forgotten what it feels like back here.

    ReplyDelete