Wednesday 23 February 2011

Tanathon...

So much beach time...  We met some Chilean people a few days ago and we have been hanging out with them for the past few days (I will post a pic).  They traveled to Colombia for a wedding.  One of the Chileans' is an older woman, she is my favorite.  She kisses my cheeks non stop, buys me fresh mango, and nags me about sunscreen.  Yesterday she had a vendor make me a necklace to match the bikini I was wearing!  I am constantly surprised by her generosity and kindness.  She doesn't speak english so most of our communication is through affection.  She keeps calling me and Matt her children, she is the mamita (mama) of the entire group.  We leave here tomorrow night, so we are planning to spend our last day here at the beach with our new Chilean friends.

Chatty Matty made friends with some Colombians at the pool at our apartment.  They invited us to a BBQ and told us that they would be making us "Real American Hamburgers!"  Yikes!  Obviously, we ate dinner before we went to the BBQ.  I couldn't imagine what was in store for us.  We arrived to a ecstatic group of Colombians... They were already grilling and they had "Lady in Red" blazing.   They said over and over, "Tonight is for you, please partake, please enjoy."  It was so sweet.  Matt kept trying to take over the grill, the chef told him, "Senior please relax, and partake."  They wouldn't let us lift a finger.   To my surprise, the hamburger was AMAZING, who knew.  Colombians + Hamburgers = Happy Chucky!  The night continued into the wee hours of the morning.  One butt rock 80's American tune after the next.  Matt got really hot after the food so he decided to jump in the pool for a quick dip.  Before I knew it he had all 6 Colombian's in the pool teaching them to swim (Swimming lessons aren't part of the normal Colombian upbringing).  He began with the back float, which proved to be too much.  So he ended up just teaching them to tread water, calmly. We tried to get a picture of their antics but we didn't want to offend them.  Imagine 40 year olds having a panic attack in 4 ft of water, that is what I witnessed.  By the way, these Colombian's are the people I ratted out at 2 AM last week for blasting their music.  Opps, they are good people.

Bogata tomorrow night!  I can't wait!  Love everyone!  See you in 10 days!

Random stuff:  Mankinis, High tops at the beach, terrible rip off DVDs, cold showers, the movie 'The Tourist,' Matt's found his first gray hair and counterfeit Holister/Gap/Tommy Hilfiger




No comments:

Post a Comment