Wednesday 6 April 2011

Blow your socks off!

This is the term I have been using quite frequently lately.  All the while my loving husband never corrected me, instead he kept it to himself, laughing behind my back.  I guess I combined, "this would blow you away" and "knock your socks off."  Personally I like my term better and plan to continue to use it to spite Mateo.  Anyway, we thoroughly enjoyed our time in Railay beach, we actually never even left our resort.  Seriously, Railay will "blow your socks off!"







Now we are back in Ao Nang, we have been kayaking to some remote beaches and snorkeling.

Today we went elephant trekking, which was quite the experience.  My friend Suzanne recently traveled to Thailand and she showed me pics of her ridding an elephant and knew I had to try it.  From what I saw in her pictures I assumed we would be going on a nice leisurely ride, not so!  I have found that most "adventures, tours, and activities" in foreign countries come with little or no direction, plan, or communication, the elephant trekking was no exception.  So the 'elephant trekking adventure' began...  We climbed up to a treehouse, next thing I knew we were being tied onto the back of an elephant.  Elephants are often referred to as "gentle giants" so I wasn't too nervous.   About two steps into our trek I realized I was in for a few surprises.  It turns out not all elephants are gentle giants, Juan (our elephant) was not a happy camper!  He just kept stomping his big feet and making scary noises, meanwhile our elephant saddle was sliding off.  Well, we managed to survive, but I think I will be just fine if I NEVER ride another elephant ever again.  Tonight we are going in search of some good authentic street food.  





1 comment:

  1. Just because we're not making comments doesn't mean we're not checking the blog daily and enjoying your adventures. Keep it going, we're loving it.

    ReplyDelete