Sunday 23 January 2011

Hola from Buenos Aires!

We arrived in Buenos Aires on Friday morning after a grueling twelve hour flight. This city is great! People refer to Buenos Aires as the "Paris of South America," this is so true. The architecture is very Euro, the people are proud, and the food is divine! Our hotel is named "The Dazzler," but we call it The Bedazzler. Our first day here we walked around, grabbed lunch on the street, took a siesta, then went to a Parilla (Grill) for dinner. The beef here is incredible! This coming from someone who won't eat beef in the States without A1! They don't season the meat, they cook it right, it's perfection even without A1. Day two we spent in the Recoleta, a old European district. We walked the streets admiring the architecture, foliage, and people. We went to an amazing cemetery where Evita is burried. The gravestones were amazing, they look like small homes lined up one against the next. Each gravestone so different and so intricate. After the cemetery we went the the Design Center. I was in heaven! Most of the looks I saw were VERY minimalist/modern. Matt was a trooper following me around from showroom to showroom. Today we spent the entire day in San Telmo, a old/eclectic/bohemian/tango neighborhood. On Sunday they have one of the largest open air flea markets in South America. You can find anything from antique tiles to knockoff Lacoste. We roamed around all day. I bought an antique tile dating back to England in 1820, it's beautiful. Stopping for lunch, homemade pasta and short ribs. At lunch they served complimentary bread and a random tapanade. Matt tried the tapanade first and referred to it as "a pickled cucumber" I responded "you mean a pickle?," I love that guy! Matt's Espanol is coming back quickly and I am trying hard to learn as much Espanol as possible.





1 comment:

  1. "Matt tried the tapanade first and referred to it as "a pickled cucumber" I responded "you mean a pickle?," I love that guy! "- I like that!

    Thanks for sending me this link. It will be fun to see your trip and travels and day dream why i am sitting at work! Keep it updated!

    ReplyDelete